Wargaming the Exploration and Colonisation of Tropical Africa by European powers from 1850 until 1918.


Friday 22 June 2007

Mbongo, Mbongo they drink it in the Congo..




I have decided to set up yet another wargaming blog as I am getting back into Darkest Africa wargaming again. Partly based on my current project on the Sudanbut also due to a documentary on The Nile I saw on TV last weekend. I have always been interested in the exploits of explorers such as Burton, Speke, Livingstone, Stanly and Baker so the appearance of 28mm figures of these and many other characters (who would have thought you would ever be able to buy a 28mm Sidi Bombay?) by Mark Copplestone for Foundry pushed me into buying my first ever 28mm figures five or six years ago.

I have a fair number of painted figures already and, needless to say, a big collection of unpainted ones (including a Foundry Belgian deal I really need to address.

My most extant army is an Azande one with Congolese allies and I will put some pictures of these up over the weekend.

I have played several games at Guildford using Chris Peers Darkest Africa rules and am also tempted to try a game or two using The Sword and the Flame to see how the rules differ..


Oh, and Mbongo, Mbongo is the Zande name for the Elephant fish. And you thought it was a drink..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you have a Sword and the Flame Game you should write about it! TSATF is sort of the main rules used here in the states. They are fairly simple and have interesting mechanics for moving.

David S
Minnesota, USA