What with being in Asia for most of March it rather hit my painting schedule but I did just finish my final fighting unit for the British force for my Zambezi campaign.
These are levy askaris of which you need a unit of fourteen. I painted thirteen and added a Sikh NCO. This unit uses the Foundry "almost uniformed askaris" and "askaris in European hats and coats" packs. On the basis that it is the eighteen nineties I have put them in rather more clothes than these levy units often wore; often just being dressed in a loincloth or long kilt with a musket. Their commander won't be doing with his native johnnies going into the bush looking like a complete shower, however, so they have picked up discarded bits of unifom from the regulars and added old coats and hats where they can find them.
Still, compared with the regular askari units they look appropriately scruffy.
Now the only figures I need to complete the British force are the eight bearers which are now well under way. Once these are done I will photograph the entire force before moving on to the Arabs.