Wargaming the Exploration and Colonisation of Tropical Africa by European powers from 1850 until 1918.


Wednesday 13 February 2008

Ruga-Ruga



I started a bunch of Ruga-Ruga some years ago but never finished them. I've decided to build a force for the warlord, Mirambo, so I will need a mix of Ngoni, Watuta and Ruga-Ruga. I opened a new pot of varnish for these and, as often with Humbrol varnish, the first coat was very shiny. I tried two more coats but it stayed shiny so I went for another tim which was much better. If there is one thing I hate it's shiny figures!





The bases are pinker than I usually do for hot climate figures because, as Sir Richard Burton said, "Africa is a red land". Actually I looked up some pictures of Tanzania and tried to paint the bases that colour but they looked far too red!

1 comment:

Giles said...

Very nice. And interesting pics re the Tanzanian landscape - I think choosing a colour scheme for basing African figures is the hardest part!